Thank you for your interest in employment at Washington Business Week.
The Washington Business Week (WBW) Board of Trustees is searching for a strategic and effective leader with a proven ability to execute, and a strong background in development and operations. The ideal candidate must be passionate about empowering students and developing emerging professionals and able to take WBW to continued growth.
About Us: Washington Business Week is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit delivering a unique and challenging program to high school students across the state. Students spend an intensive week in a simulated business environment working to build a team and manage a company while learning about management, innovation, and leadership. Teams compete against other teams through presentations, Trade Shows, performance tracking, and teambuilding challenges. WBW also oversees programing throughout they year in partnership with schools and school districts and internationally.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with major donors, both individual and corporate. Identify new opportunities for donors, partner organizations, and corporate partners.
- Build relationships across sectors to elevate WBW’s multifaceted approach and reputation. Develop, maintain, and evolve strong relationships with corporate HR departments, high schools, school districts, alumni, parents, and current students.
- Manage and direct WBW’s team of professionals in executing and growing key program areas: in school, summer, and international.
- In conjunction with WBW’s Operations Manager, develop annual budget. Ensure expenditures fall within budget and fundraising goals are aligned.
- Ensure WBW’s Board of Directors is properly informed and sufficient information is provided to the Board to enable Directors to make appropriate judgements and fulfill all fiduciary responsibilities.
- Develop WBW Board agendas in concert with WBW’s Chairperson
- In close collaboration with the Board of Directors, develop and execute WBW’s short and long term strategic plans.
- Ensure effective internal controls, management systems, and processes are in place and improved upon over time.
- Strategic leader and demonstrated team player with a proven track record of fundraising.
- Proven ability to create and effectively execute strategic plans.
- Exceptional management skills and ability to mentor new and developing team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across constituents. partners and teams.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to effectively present the mission of WBW in both written and verbal communication.
- Strong understanding of financial principles and ability to ensure financial sustainability.
- At least 5 years people management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in Non-Profit Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Existing relationships with Washington business community and philanthropic organizations.
- Small business experience would be an asset.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
VP of Operations
We are also always looking for professionals to mentor our students! Please check out our volunteer opportunities page for more information and to apply.