Thanks for your interest in careers with Washington Business Week.
We are currently looking for a Development Manager.
Position Overview: In coordination with the Executive Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for overseeing and executing all fundraising efforts for Washington Business Week. These efforts will include grants, major gifts, individual donors and fundraising events.
• In coordination with ED and Board of Directors, develop sustainable fundraising strategy for WBW
• Cultivate relationships with individuals and corporations for major gifts
• Identify and draft grant applications
• Provide updates, reports, and assessments as needed for grants and foundations
• Create and implement strategies for broadening and strengthening base of individual donors
• Work with program team to share program successes with donors and supporters
• With the support of team, implement fundraising events
• Manage donor database, gifts and pledges, and donor communication
• Support program team in engaging donors and supporters in programs
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 3 years in development at a non-profit or similar organization
• Experience engaging donors or volunteers
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office suite and social networking tools
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and think critically
• Experience developing and implementing strategic fundraising plan
*Employment contingent on annual background check of criminal history information through the WSP.
• Expertise in Donor Perfect
• Professional Experience fostering and building effective partnerships in business/education/community based organizations
• Previous knowledge of WBW
• Experience in event planning or management
Please send cover letter and resume to:
VP of Operations
We are also always looking for professionals to mentor our students! Please check out our volunteer opportunities page for more information and to apply.