Thank you for your interest in employment at Washington Business Week. Please see the below employment opportunities with WBW.
About Us: Washington Business Week is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit delivering a unique and challenging program to high school students across the state. Students spend an intensive week in a simulated business environment working to build a team and manage a company while learning about management, innovation, and leadership. Teams compete against other teams through presentations, Trade Shows, performance tracking, and teambuilding challenges. WBW also oversees programming throughout the year in partnership with schools and school districts and internationally.
Position Overview: WBW is seeking a Development Manager with experience in fundraising, grant-writing, special events, sponsorship solicitation, and the ability to develop and nurture relationships with major donors, partners, and corporate sponsors. The position requires strong organizational, networking skills, the ability to work on various events simultaneously with a keen eye for detail. This position will analyze donor data and giving trends to create strategies to ensure new donor acquisition, increased giving, donor retention and recovery of lapsed donors.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create annual development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Oversee all aspects of fundraising plans pertaining to assigned special events, grants, and sponsorships.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Research, write, submit and present grant applications for specific affiliates. Manage and track grant funds, grant calendar and coordinate grant requirements with the end user of funds. Facilitate all compliance related to grants.
- Maintain donor database.
- Process donations and donor recognition.
- Assist in donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and management.
- Prepare written materials including reports, general correspondence and other necessary solicitation materials.
- Support program delivery for university and high-school based programs.
- Ensure that all donors and sponsors are recognized at the in-school/international/summer programs.
We are also always looking for professionals to mentor our students! Please check out our volunteer opportunities page for more information and to apply.