How much does it cost to attend a program?
The full cost of tuition is $1,620, but thanks to our generous sponsors, every student is granted a $740 scholarship to reduce tuition to $880 (plus a $4.95 non-refundable processing fee). We also offer merit-based and need-based tuition assistance to reduce the cost even further for students who qualify.
Approximately 80% of our participants receive some tuition assistance.
We offer two forms of Tuition Assistance:
1. Merit-Based Scholarships
Our Tuition Assistance Committee does not rely on any one criteria for our merit-based scholarships, but rather looks at the “whole student” – well-roundedness, community involvement, and demonstrated commitment to learning are a few of many qualities our committee values.
2. Need-Based Financial Assistance
If your household monthly income is below $5,000, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance. Washington Business Week strives to make our programs available to as many students and families as possible. We welcome participation of youth without regard to race, gender, religion, disability, academic standing or economic status.
Families may apply for one or both types of tuition assistance. You are encouraged to apply for tuition assistance at the time of registration. Applications for tuition assistance will be accepted until two weeks prior to your selected program. Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered for an award. Please note that 100% assistance is not awarded, and due to limited tuition assistance funds, we are not able to guarantee awards for every applicant.
Many students have had success raising funds to help cover the tuition by contacting a local business, civic club, their school, employer, parent’s employer or other family members. Check out Asking for a Sponsorship and the Student Sponsor Form for tips. If you are raising funds yourself, please complete a Payment Plan Application and let us know so that we can allow you time to raise the tuition.
We offer interest-free payment plans with a credit/debit card number on file. Please complete a Payment Plan Application. The $25 non-refundable deposit must be paid before the payment plan application will be considered.
Payment plans are processed on the 1st and 15th of every month. All tuition must be paid in full no later than 3-weeks before the start of your program at the latest.
A non-refundable deposit of $25 is due at the time of registration, even if your family is applying for tuition assistance or payment plan. This deposit will be applied to the program tuition.
If a family chooses to pay this $25 fee by a check rather than providing a credit/debit card number at the time of registration, their student’s registration will not be processed until this $25 fee has been received. All families who choose to pay the non-refundable $25 deposit by check have two weeks from the day of online registration for the deposit to be received by the Washington Business Week office. If the $25 deposit is not received within the two week period, the student’s registration may be cancelled.
Students Who Don’t Live in Washington
Out-of-region students are welcome to attend our programs. Any student residing outside of Washington, Oregon, Idaho or Alaska will be required to pay the tuition of $1,620, as student sponsorships and tuition assistance funds are from Northwest businesses. Please contact the Business Week office at 253.237.3545 to set-up a payment plan, if necessary.
Students are encouraged to bring along a small amount of money for incidental expenses such as pop, souvenirs, etc. Students must also provide their own transportation to and from the university. Carpooling is encouraged. There are also optional fees, if applicable, for parking and for use of the recreation center at Central (approximately $25 each).
Your program tuition includes:
- A week’s stay at a beautiful university campus. All meals are included.
- Mentoring from business professionals and networking with industry leaders from around the state
- Inspiring presentations from employers and successful business people
- 2 college credits
- Opportunities to win college scholarships
- Your own WBW T-shirt & souvenir company photo
- A Certificate of Completion entitling you to use Washington Business Week on your resume and college/scholarship applications
- An amazing experience during a week you won’t forget!
If you must cancel for any reason, please complete a Program Cancellation Form as soon as possible so that we may use your program sponsorship for another student. Based upon program availability, we will gladly transfer you to another program or week. To change your program details, please fill out the Program Transfer Request Form. The last day to cancel your registration and request a refund (minus the $25 non-refundable deposit) is May 30th.
- You may cancel by completing a Program Cancellation Form.
- If your forms or tuition payments are delinquent by more than 2 weeks, we reserve the right to cancel your program registration at any time and refund your paid tuition as provided in this refund policy.
- If you cancel by May 30th the $25 non-refundable deposit will be retained by WBW. The tuition balance will be refunded by the payment method you used to pay the program tuition (credit card or check).
- If you cancel your registration after May 30th, no refund will be issued.
- If you arrive late, do not attend or leave our program early due to accident, illness, homesickness, behavior problems, other activities to attend, or at student or parent request, there will be no refunds or prorated fees.