How much does it cost to attend a program?
The full cost of residential tuition is $1,620, but thanks to our generous sponsors, every student is granted a $740 scholarship to reduce tuition to $880 (plus a $4.95 non-refundable processing fee). We also offer merit-based and need-based tuition assistance to reduce the cost even further for students who qualify. Register by February 28th and get the early bird price of $690! Late applicants will pay a late registration price of $950.
Non Residential Programs
The cost of our non residential program at Renton Technical College is $375 (plus a $4.95 non-refundable processing fee). Register by February 28th and receive an early bird price of $325! Late applicants will pay a late registration price of $425.
We offer two forms of Tuition Assistance:
1. Merit-Based Scholarships
Our Tuition Assistance Committee does not rely on any one criteria for our merit-based scholarships, but rather looks at the “whole student” – well-roundedness, community involvement, and demonstrated commitment to learning are a few of many qualities our committee values.
Merit based applications are a part of the registration portal. Please select “I’d like to apply for a merit scholarship” and answer the questions within the registration page.
2. Need-Based Financial Assistance
The Financial Assistance Application is a seperate application and will open on January 15, 2018
If your household monthly income is below $5,000, we encourage you to apply for fFinancial Aid. Washington Business Week strives to make our programs available to as many students and families as possible. We welcome participation of youth without regard to race, gender, religion, disability, academic standing or economic status.
Families may apply for one or both types of tuition assistance. Please note that 100% assistance is not awarded, and due to limited tuition assistance funds, we are not able to guarantee awards for every applicant.
Many students have had success raising funds to help cover the tuition by contacting a local business, civic club, their school, employer, parent’s employer or other family members. Check out Asking for a Sponsorship and the Student Sponsor Form for tips.
We offer interest-free payment plans with a credit/debit card number on file. Payments are processed monthly on the 1st of the month and the number of payments will depend on when you register. The $25 non-refundable deposit must be paid at the time of registration.
A non-refundable deposit of $25 is due at the time of registration, even if your family is applying for tuition assistance or payment plan. This deposit will be applied to the program tuition.
Students Who Don’t Live in Washington
Out-of-region students are welcome to attend our programs. Any student residing outside of Washington, Oregon, Idaho or Alaska will be required to pay the tuition of $1,620, as student sponsorships and tuition assistance funds are from Northwest businesses. Please contact the Business Week office at 253.237.3545 to set-up a payment plan, if necessary.
Students are encouraged to bring along a small amount of money for incidental expenses such as soda, souvenirs, etc. Students must also provide their own transportation to and from the university. Carpooling is encouraged. There are also optional fees, if applicable, for parking at Seattle University (we encourage you to leave your car at home).
Your program tuition includes:
- A week’s stay at a beautiful university campus. All meals are included.
- Mentoring from business professionals and networking with industry leaders from around the state
- Inspiring presentations from employers and successful business people
- 2 college credits
- Opportunities to win college scholarships
- Your own WBW T-shirt & souvenir company photo
- A Certificate of Completion entitling you to use Washington Business Week on your resume and college/scholarship applications
- An amazing experience during a week you won’t forget!
If you must cancel for any reason, please complete a Program Cancellation Form as soon as possible. Based upon program availability, we will gladly transfer you to another program or week. To change your program details, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may cancel by completing a Program Cancellation Form.
- If you cancel by February 28th, your fees are refundable less the $25 deposit.
- If you cancel by May 15th for the residential programs and June 15th for the non residential program, you will receive a 50% refund.
- All cancellations after these dates are non refundable.
- If you arrive late, do not attend or leave our program early due to accident, illness, homesickness, behavior problems, other activities to attend, or at student or parent request, there will be no refunds or prorated fees.