Join us as an intern
Washington Business Week’s exciting and competitive internship program is open to highly motivated high school students from sophomore to senior year and college undergraduates who have attended at least one Business Week Program. It requires long hours, a great attitude, and hard work. Our internships will provide experiential learning activities that develop the teamwork, leadership, and career skills you will need to prosper as a young adult and succeed in college and the workplace.
Applications for our 2021 Internship Program is FULL.
Examples of 2021 Virtual Summer Intern Responsibilities:
The camp is virtual, however, the internship will be conducted in person with the WBW team.
- Assist with program setup and registration.
- Assist with virtual student placement in breakout rooms.
- Work with virtual speakers, business professionals and adults to welcome them on the virtual camp platform and introduce them to the students.
- Welcome students in the morning and facilitate conversations.
- Work in virtual company rooms to assist Company Advisors.
- Coordinate in-person teams lunch and pick up.
- Ensure pictures of camp are taken.
- Creation of the camps culminating video for presentation at the awards ceremony and to be used in marketing.
- Update WBW’s Social Media
Examples of In-Person Summer Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist with program set-up and registration.
- Answer Business Week phones and perform general office duties.
- Check and/or set-up rooms for speakers and events and help with AV, lighting, etc.
- Organize company photo sessions, i.e. make sure companies arrive as scheduled and assist the Program Manager.
- Take photos and videos of program activities throughout the week.
- Update Washington Business Week social media.
- Set a good example for other students to follow.
Summer Programs (General) Internship
Help to give this year’s group of students the same great experience you had at a Washington Business Week program and get a behind-the-scenes look at just what it takes to run an amazing week-long summer program. Summer Programs Interns will assist with program set-up prior to student arrival, support the Program Chair, support speaker and workshop activities, and support the Business Week office with operations including data entry, answering phones, room staging, sorting and maintaining documents and supplies, and packing and unpacking. Summer (General) Intern Job Description.
If you love photographing people and events, this is the internship for you! Spend a week helping to document all the excitement at Washington Business Week programs through pictures and video. The Summer Photography Intern will be responsible for taking photos each day, uploading pictures to the web/Facebook/social media, filming camp events, editing pictures and video, and creating an end-of-week slide show/video. The photos will be used to market the programs to future students, alumni, current and potential sponsors, and volunteers. The person in this position may also be called upon to assist the staff and other interns during the program. Photo Intern Job Description.
Questions? Please contact us by E-mail.
It was an amazing opportunity. Our mock company went to Anderson Hay, a major hay exporter, inside a wind turbine, and on a potato farm. Also, I learned a lot about teamwork, communication, and vertically integrated corporations. Lastly, because I was CEO of the company, I gained firsthand experience with managing employees, most effectively utilizing their talents, and learning to work with a diverse group of people.
How many internships are available?
What are the work hours?
What is the dress code?
Housing and Meals
Are internships available during other times of the year?
Our Alumni Ambassador program is another fantastic opportunity to engage with Washington Business Week all through the year. For more information on the Alumni Ambassador program, please contact, Andrea Keikkala, Executive Director.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic and the impact it has made on the WBW organization the Ambassador program is on hold until further notice.