Our Summer Programs
Washington Business Week places students in a dynamic simulation where they role play as industry professionals, launch a company, sharpen their communication skills, and solve real-world challenges.
Students take the lead as their team races against the clock to develop a world-changing idea and pitch it to potential investors at the end-of-week competition. Guided by a mentor from a local business, students learn to work as a team, explore careers, build a network with professionals and future leaders.
Each day students and their companies dive into a real-world business simulation in the career pathway they’ve chosen. Students make “real life” decisions as a team and participate in interactive projects with other teen companies. Business leaders from around the state share their experiences and challenges, and provide valuable insight and direction as they mentor the teams.
Virtual Business Program – NEW for 2020!
- Students will be placed in groups of 6-8 peers and mentored by an industry leader.
- Inspiring speakers will motivate and impart vital knowledge multiple times a day throughout the program.
- Students will run a business simulation electing a company CEO, CFO, Marketing Manager, etc.
- Students will create a marketing video campaign for their product and compete for engagement on YouTube.
- Students will present their business to industry professionals as the culminating project and race against other groups to collect the most investment dollars for the new product.
- We will have fun – students, mentors, speakers and the entire support team look forward to the:
- Tik Tok Talent Show
- Virtual Business Week Olympics
- Power Pose Competition
- Virtual Career & College Fairs
- and so much more!
- WBW is using a brand new business simulation software and integrating that with Zoom video conferencing. We will also utilize the college level Learning Management System Blackboard for a seamless student experience.
Due to the pandemic, we will only offer virtual camps this summer. We look forward to seeing you online in 2020 and in person in 2021.
June 22nd-25th July 13th-16th August 3rd-6th
You will be “at” camp from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The cost to attend the Virtual Business Week is $50 plus a non-refundable registration fee of $4.95. Need Financial Assistance to offset the cost of camp? Check out our Tuition Assistance
For 44 years, we have provided over 70,000 high school students with a competitive edge on college readiness, career advancement, and overall life success. Discover what thousands of young people now know about themselves – how to make an amazing impact in the 21st-century workplace.
Praise from Our Alumni
“What an awesome experience it is to be surrounded by adults and mentors that push you to achieve your highest potential!” – Jordan, Oak Harbor High School
“I think that having this opportunity was an excellent stepping stone on her path to transition from high school to college.” – Gonzaga Healthcare Week Parent
“I loved that we were given independence; we made our own decisions on how to run our company.” – Megan, Issaquah High School
“He just seems much more…mature. He has more focus and more confidence regarding what he wants and what he needs to do to get it.” – Pacific Lutheran Business Week Parent