Our Summer 2021 Programs are Virtual
Washington Business Week places students in a dynamic simulation where they role-play as industry professionals, launch a company, sharpen their communication skills, and solve real-world challenges.
Students take the lead as their team races against the clock to develop a world-changing idea and pitch it to potential investors at the end-of-week competition. Guided by a mentor from a local business, students learn to work as a team, explore careers, build a network with professionals and future leaders.
Each day students and their companies dive into a real-world business simulation in the career pathway they’ve chosen. Students make “real-life” decisions as a team and participate in interactive projects with other teen companies. Business leaders from around the state share their experiences and challenges and provide valuable insight and direction as they mentor the teams.
Virtual Business Program – 2021!
- Students will be placed in groups of 10-12 peers and mentored by an industry leader and/or college student in their Junior or Senior year.
- Inspiring speakers will motivate and impart vital knowledge multiple times a day throughout the program.
- Students will run a business simulation electing a company CEO, CFO, Marketing Manager, etc.
- Students will create a marketing video campaign for their product and compete for engagement on YouTube.
- Students will present their business to industry professionals as the culminating project and race against other groups to collect the most investment dollars for the new product.
- We will have fun – students, mentors, speakers and the entire support team look forward to the:
- Earn 2 elective transferable college credits from Renton Technical College
- Power Pose Competition
- Virtual Career & College Fairs
- and so much more!
- WBW is using a brand new business simulation software and integrating that with Zoom video conferencing. We will also utilize the college-level Learning Management System Blackboard for a seamless student experience.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED, due to the curriculum remaining consistent across the virtual programs, U.S students are only able to earn a maximum of two college credits during the 2021 season. Even if students register for multiple pathways – business, advanced business, telehealth, and clean energy, and/or sign-up for multiple camp sessions over the 2021 season, they will only receive a maximum of two college credits for their participation. International students will not receive college credit.
Due to the pandemic, we will only offer virtual camps this summer. We look forward to seeing you online in 2021!
June 21st – June 25th – Business & Telehealth/Healthcare
June 28th – July 2nd – Business, Advanced Business, & Clean Energy Week
July 12th – July 16th – Business & Clean Energy Week
July 26th – July 30th – Business, Advanced Business, & Telehealth/Healthcare
August 9th – August 13th – Business, Advanced Business, Telehealth/Healthcare & Clean Energy Week
Students are “at camp” virtually on our platform from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students should expect to spend an additional 2-3 hours working outside of camp with their team to complete their projects Monday-Thursday of camp.
Registration for programs will close 2 weeks prior to the camp start date.
The cost to attend the Virtual Business Week is $310 for U.S based students and $250 for International students (college credit is not available for International students) along with a non-refundable registration fee of $4.95. Need Financial Assistance to offset the cost of camp? Check out our Tuition Assistance