The 2023 Program Overview
Washington Business Week places students in a dynamic simulation where they role-play as industry professionals, launch a company, sharpen their communication skills, and solve real-world challenges.
Students take the lead as their team races against the clock to develop a world-changing idea and pitch it to potential investors at the end-of-week competition. Guided by a mentor from a local business, students learn to work as a team, explore careers, and build a network with professionals and future leaders.
Each day, students and their companies dive into a real-world business simulation in the career pathway they’ve chosen. Students make “real-life” decisions as a team and participate in interactive projects with other teen companies. Business leaders from around the state share their experiences and challenges and provide valuable insight and direction as they mentor the teams.
Traditional & Virtual Programs are offered in 2023!
- Students will be placed in groups with their peers and mentored by an industry leader and/or college student in their Junior or Senior year.
- Inspiring speakers will motivate and impart vital knowledge throughout the program.
- Students will run a business simulation electing a company CEO, CFO, Marketing Manager, and more.
- Students will create a marketing video campaign for their product and will test their networking skills on social media.
- Students will present their business to industry professionals as the culminating project of the week.
- Students, mentors, speakers, and the entire support team will enjoy:
- Earning 2 elective transferable college credits from Renton Technical College
- Power Pose Competition
- College and Career Readiness Coaching
- Financial Literacy
- and so much more!
Advanced Business students are eligible to earn additional elective college credits from Renton Technical College.
- WBW is using our very own business simulation software and integrating that with Zoom video conferencing. We will also utilize Google Classroom for a seamless student experience.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED, international students will not receive college credit.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, PLEASE BE ADVISED: English Proficiency Policy for WBW Virtual Programs. Washington Business Week is pleased to be able to offer our virtual camp to students from around the world. We welcome you to camp and we are thrilled you have decided to join us. All our students bring a unique perspective, and we are excited to hear yours. This is a fast-paced environment in which students learn and grow together quickly. To successfully participate in this program, you must be fully proficient in English. The WBW program is not designed for non-English speakers. WBW programs are designed to challenge the knowledge and skills you already have with the English language.
2023 Camp Dates:
Virtual Summer 5-day camp – June 26th-30th – Business & Telehealth Pathways
Virtual Summer 5-day camp – July 10th-14th – Business, Advanced Business, & Clean Energy Pathways
In-Person Overnight Camp – University of Puget Sound – July 23rd-28th – Business, Advanced Business, & Clean Energy
In-Person Day Camp – Renton Technical College – August 14th-18th – Business, Advanced Business, & Telehealth/Healthcare Pathways
For 47 years, we have provided over 73,400 high school students with a competitive edge on college readiness, career advancement, and overall life success. Discover what thousands of young people now know about themselves – how to make an amazing impact in the 21st-century workplace.
I learned so much about teamwork, leadership, and professionalism. Washington Business Week was my first time in a leadership position (as the CEO of the company). I learned what it meant to lead a team. At University of Washington, we have team projects in every class. Everything I learned directly applies to what I do now.
– Emmeline Vu, WBW alumna and University of Washington Student