Summer 2022 Program Review
Washington Business Week places students in a dynamic simulation where they role-play as industry professionals, launch a company, sharpen their communication skills, and solve real-world challenges.
Students take the lead as their team races against the clock to develop a world-changing idea and pitch it to potential investors at the end-of-week competition. Guided by a mentor from a local business, students learn to work as a team, explore careers, build a network with professionals and future leaders.
Each day students and their companies dive into a real-world business simulation in the career pathway they’ve chosen. Students make “real-life” decisions as a team and participate in interactive projects with other teen companies. Business leaders from around the state share their experiences and challenges and provide valuable insight and direction as they mentor the teams.
In-Person & Virtual Business Program – 2022!
- Students will be placed in groups of 10-12 peers and mentored by an industry leader and/or college student in their Junior or Senior year.
- Inspiring speakers will motivate and impart vital knowledge multiple times a day throughout the program.
- Students will run a business simulation electing a company CEO, CFO, Marketing Manager, etc.
- Students will create a marketing video campaign for their product and compete for engagement on YouTube.
- Students will present their business to industry professionals as the culminating project and race against other groups to collect the most investment dollars for the new product.
- We will have fun – students, mentors, speakers, and the entire support team look forward to the:
- Earning 2 elective transferable college credits from Renton Technical College
- Power Pose Competition
- College and Career Readiness Coaching
- Financial Literacy
- and so much more!
- WBW is using our very own business simulation software and integrating that with Zoom video conferencing. We will also utilize the college-level Learning Management System Blackboard for a seamless student experience.
- PLEASE BE ADVISED, due to the curriculum remaining consistent across the virtual programs, U.S students are only able to earn a maximum of two college credits during the 2022 season. Even if students register for multiple pathways – business, advanced business, telehealth, and clean energy, and/or sign-up for multiple camp sessions over the 2022 season, they will only receive a maximum of two college credits for their participation. International students will not receive college credit. Returning students who have received college credit from RTC will also be ineligible to receive additional credits.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS, PLEASE BE ADVISED: English Proficiency Policy for WBW Virtual Programs. Washington Business Week is pleased to be able to offer our virtual camp to students from around the world. We welcome you to camp and we are thrilled you have decided to join us. All our students bring a unique perspective, and we are excited to hear yours. This is a fast-paced environment in which students learn and grow together quickly. To successfully participate in this program, you must be fully proficient in English. The WBW program is not designed for non-English speakers. WBW programs are designed to challenge the knowledge and skills you already have with the English language.
Virtual Summer 5-day camp – June 27th through July 1st – Business & Telehealth Pathways.
Virtual Summer 5-day camp – July 11th through 15th – Business, Advanced & Clean Energy
Students will attend camp from 8:30 am. to 2 p.m. Monday-Friday. Students in the virtual program should be prepared to work 1-2 hours with their teammates outside of camp hours to be successful in the program.
In-Person Camp – The University of Washington – Tacoma – July 25th through July 29th – Business & Clean Energy Pathways
In-Person – Renton Technical College – August 8-12th – Career Pathways in Business, Healthcare & Advanced Business
Students will attend camp from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Registration for programs will close 2 weeks prior to the camp start date.
The cost to attend the Virtual Business Week is $400 for U.S based students and $335 for International students (college credit is not available for International students) along with a non-refundable registration fee of $4.95.
The cost to attend the In-person camps is $550 along with a non-refundable registration fee of $4.95
Students will receive a full refund except for the $4.95 registration fee if they cancel two weeks before the program start date. Students who cancel or fail to show up for the program inside the two weeks prior to the program start date are not eligible for a refund.
Need Financial Assistance to offset the cost of camp? Check out our Tuition Assistance