Mentor the Leaders of Tomorrow—Be a VIRTUAL Company Advisor
Washington Business Week’s Professional Development Program offers leadership development and mentoring through the Company Advisor Experience. Prominent, high-growth companies have seen first hand the valuable skill sets their employees gained in just one week of collaborative, discovery learning. As an advisor, you will gain valuable management insights, expand your industry knowledge, grow your leadership capacity, and ultimately benefit your company and community in a priceless return on investment by bringing these skills back to your workplace. Serving as a Company Advisor is not only rewarding for mentorship of high school youth, but it is also a great leadership development experience for you as a professional! Encourage your company to send you and pay your way.
At Washington Business Week, high school students learn crucial life skills as they role play as industry professionals, launch a company, and solve real-world challenges, all guided by you—the Company Advisor.
In just four days, Company Advisors learn to coach, influence, delegate, empower, and sharpen leadership skills in a way that our participants describe as life-changing. Guide students to work as a team, run a company, and make real-world decisions. You learn firsthand how to lead a diverse team to success. It’s a hand-on leadership program like no other.
Teachers also have the opportunity of earning clock hours for time spent at the program.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Be over the age of 20 and have 3+ years of work experience.
- Ability to make the 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. virtual commitment of chosen program.
- Attend one virtual training prior to the start of camp.
- Comfortable interacting with students and adults virtually.
- Reliable access to an Internet connection and full time computer.
- Must pass a background check.
Questions? Please take a look at our FAQs page or contact WBW at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CA Training Videos for 2020
- WILE User Roles
- Company Advisors – Best Practices to Become an Effective Virtual CA
- Navigating Virtual Learning—What can WBW and parents do to support our students and each other during a Virtual Business Week?
- Company Advisor: Virtual Company Meetings
- Company Advisor: Speaker Presentations
- WILE: The Student Experience
- Company Advisors: Opportunities for CAs and WBW Admin to Connect during the program