Why You Need to Get to Washington Business Week
Washington Business Week is committed to providing high school students with university-level, experiential learning and hands-on mentorship from industry leaders. If the fact that more than 73,000 high school students have participated in Washington Business Week doesn’t convince you to attend, then here are a few more reasons:
- Have Fun— You will learn a lot from this intensive real-world experience, and you can also expect to have a great time meeting new people and building friendships!
- Build Your Resume— Hundreds of businesses sponsor Washington Business Week by donating money and volunteering employee time. Their investment in this program is an investment in their future workforce. By having Washington Business Week on your resume you will stand out to future employers.
- Improve Your College Application— Many colleges and universities screen applicants based on their involvement in programs like Washington Business Week. Having our program on your application is a definite boost. Plus, your Company Advisors might also write a referral letter to help you get into the college of your choice.
- Earn 2 College Credits— Through our partnership with Renton Technical College you can even earn 2 elective college credits just for successfully completing the program!
- Win a College Scholarship— Scholarships are available through support from local businesses, partners and universities.
No idea what you want to do after high school?
If you’re unsure as to what you want to do for a career, no problem. In fact, that is one of the best parts of the Washington Business Week teen summer program. It is designed to help you figure out what career paths interest you! Our summer programs and pathways give you the low down on the ins-and-outs of careers in business, healthcare/telehealth, and clean energy. In fact, this is one of the only teen summer programs in Washington that brings in professionals from a wide variety of career fields who are interested in one thing—YOU! Their goal is to help you see how your talents and skills translate into the professional world.
Not interested in a career in business?
If you’re into sports, running a company can be as difficult as bringing together a squad of athletes. If you’re artistic, you’ll have an opportunity to create new products, trade show displays, and other marketing materials. If you’re into numbers, there’s business math, spreadsheets and other financial challenges. If you haven’t got a clue, just trust us and hold on for a fun-filled week.
You can’t avoid being involved in the business world. If you use a computer, drive a car, buy candy bars, participate in sports, or have a doctor’s appointment, you are engaged in “business stuff.” It’s part of life. It’s also very important that you understand how business works. We promise that Business Week is going to make your life easier because you’re going to be smarter about how the real world works. Remember, business is in everything!
Who Can Attend Washington Business Week?
- Any current high school student — grades 9–12 (including incoming freshman & graduating seniors).
- Any type of schooling — students attending public, private, internet or home schools are invited to participate.
- No business experience necessary — whether you’ve taken every business class at your school or have never done anything in business before, our unique program and interesting pathways will challenge you without overwhelming you.
- No GPA requirements — All that is required is that you come with an open mind and an excitement to learn about business and careers.
Need Financial Assistance to offset the cost of camp? Check out our Tuition Assistance Program here.
What About Students Who Don’t Live in Washington or the Northwest?
The virtual program has broken geographical barriers across the world. We encourage all high school students to attend and welcome your voice and perspective. Your state may have a similar program to WBW as well.
The most important thing I learned was how many different possibilities and pathways there is to being successful. This was very unique from being at school because I actually got to interact with real successful people and hear speakers with lessons that are very beneficial to my future.
WBW 2023 Camp Schedule is now live!
WBW is offering in-person and virtual programs in 2023!