Thank you for your interest in employment at Washington Business Week. Please see the below employment opportunities with WBW.
Paid Internship preference is given to college Juniors and Seniors
Applications will be opened until all positions are filled. THE PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY FULL.
Challenge yourself this summer! Help guide the next generation of leaders – virtually!
- Ability to fully commit Mon-Fri, 8 am—3 pm
- Willingness to be available to mentees outside of program hours, if necessary.
- Participation in a 90-minute training session prior to camp.
- Talented in motivating and connecting with others.
- Drive to share personal and professional experiences.
- Interest in business, healthcare, clean energy, or educational career.
- Comfortable interacting with students and adults virtually.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Reliable Wi-Fi connection, computer camera, and uninterrupted computer access.
Washington Business Week’s Mentorship Program offers leadership development training and mentorship experience. Universities, colleges, and trade schools have seen first-hand the valuable skill sets their students have gained in just one week of collaborative, discovery learning.
As a mentor, you will gain valuable management insights, expand your industry knowledge, grow your leadership capacity, and ultimately explore career opportunities as you work alongside volunteers from leading industry giants such as Microsoft and Boeing. Serving as a mentor is not only rewarding for the high school youth being mentored, but it is also a great leadership development experience as you prepare to enter the workforce.
At Washington Business Week, high school students learn crucial life skills as they role-play as industry professionals, launch a company, and solve real-world challenges, all guided by you—the college mentor.
In just one week, college mentors learn to coach, influence, delegate, empower, and sharpen leadership skills in a way that our participants describe as life-changing. Guide students to work as a team, run a company, and make real-world decisions. You learn firsthand how to lead a diverse team to success. It is a hands-on leadership program like no other.
The Summer Sessions will include the following industry focuses:
• Advanced Business
• Clean Energy
This a paid internship opportunity for qualifying applicants. Priority will be given to college students along with individuals just starting their careers. Applicants must be 21 years of age or older and United States citizens. You will earn $300 for the week of work plus invaluable leadership skills.
Applicants can work as many program weeks as they are available.